Human always tries to systematise the knowledge in order to describe and understand the nature. These continuing human efforts can be viewed as science. Science is subdivided into several major disciplines viz chemistry , physics biology, etc.
Chemistry is that branch of science concerned with the substance of which matter is composed, the investigation of their properties and reactions, and the use of such reactions to form new substances. It influences every sphere of human life. it helps us to meet all our requirements that are necessary for the amelioration of life such as food additives , health care products, plastics , polymers etc. In absences of chemistry, our life is very dull and dreary.
Some of its applications are listed below
1. Chemistry is important for the development of commercially important polymers and understanding their impacts on the environment .
2. Manufacture of fertilisers, drugs, soaps, alkalies, salts, dyes, metals, alloys and other inorganic and organic chemicals including the new materials in chemical industries made a big contribution towards national economy.
3.chemistry helps in the synthesis of many life-saving drugs such as cisplatin and taxol ( effective in cancer therapy) AZT or azidothymidine [ effective for AIDS (acquired immuno deficiency syndrom) victims ].
4. Understanding of chemical principles leads to the production of optical fibres, conducting polymers etc., and large-scale miniaturisation of solid state devices.
5. Several advances in automotive and aerospace engineering rely on improved materials such as superconducting ceramics, which are synthesised and engineered in chemistry.
6. Chemistry was crucial for understanding the formation of ozone hole and remain crucial to understand the environment impact of many produced materials and how to render them safe.
Generally, the principles of chemistry have been used for the benefit of mankind. Even we ourselves are beautiful chemical creations and all of our activities are controlled by chemicals.