Why most of the people cannot set their goals? This is the major question. And I am going to find its answer in this blog according to my observation and experience.
There are many reasons of why most of the people cannot set their goals. I am going to point out few of them.
- They look for the pitfalls rather than the possibilities.
- Fear of failure thinking. ” What if I don’t make it? People feel that if they don’t set goals and don’t achieve them, they feel they haven’t failed. They don’t realise that they have failed to begin with by not having any Goals.
- Fear of success- a low self image or fear of having to live up to their success causes some people to fear success.
- A lack of ambition. Our limited thinking prevents us from progress.
- A fear of rejection- worrying that, if I don’t make it what will other people say?
- Thinking someday I will set my goals. This ties in with a lack of ambition.
- Low self esteem- because a person is not internally driven and has no inspiration.
- Ignorance of the importance of goals- nobody taught them and they never learned the importance of goal setting.
- A lack of knowledge about goal setting- people don’t know the mechanics of setting goals. They need a step by step guide so that they can follow a system.
- If you ask most people what is their o e major objective in life, they would probably give you a vague answer , such as ” I want to be successful, be happy, be rich, make a good living,” and that is. Those are all wishes and none of them are clear goals. Goals must be SMART.
M- must be measurable/ quantifiable
T- time bound.
- Lastly I want to tell you some lines please don’t ignore Goals are more easily achieved if they are broken into small ones.
- Life is hard by the yard,But by the inch, it’s a cinch.
To achieve success you have visualize it. You have to plan for it and go accordingly. There are full chances that everything will not go according to your plan. You may see success coming towards you but when you will be at your peak, life will thrash you down to the ground. And here is the point where winners and losers are separated. Losers will stay down while winners will stand again and again no matter how many times life thrashes him down. So have faith in yourself and never give up. This is the mantra of success. Always remember one thing that..
“The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed.”